Privacy & Policy
Absolute Confidentiality Blood4us is totally committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal information received from you. At BLOOD4US, the confidentiality of our associates is a top priority.
• Section 43 A of the Information Technology Act, 2000
• Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the "SPI Rules");
• Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
• As part of providing Services to you, we may need to send communications to you, such as donor or done details. BLOOD4US helps to match the user in need of blood, through its feature in application called as “Requirement” with the available donor of that specific blood group through its portal. BLOOD4US may offer additional services or revise any of the services. All rights to cease offering of any of the services on the sites are reserved with BLOOD4US. Though donor and done, may prefer to communicate with each other via application, as may be deemed necessary, you agree to receive phone calls, messages.
• You must ensure to provide us with the correct or up-to-date Personal Information. This will allow donee to contact you for further correspondences with respect to donation. We are not responsible for any inaccurate information you provide to us, which may affect your experience on our website/portal.
• BLOOD4US is only a portal, which lets their user find out the availability of required blood group in the geographical limits elected by the user through its technical and back end infrastructure. BLOOD4US is not a blood centre or blood bank, it doesn’t provide blood storage, transfusion infrastructure and it doesn’t guarantee the quality, safety of the blood or transfusion. The portal only introduces the two interested parties with each other; it has no accountability or responsibility with regard to the authenticity and medical soundness of the user. However, BLOOD4US ensures the best safety features through a detailed verification process.
• If, at any time, you want to access, update, modify or eliminate any of your account information at BLOOD4US, you may do so by clicking "Your Account", and then edit/change your sensitive personal information as you want it to be.
• The user may or may not be an Indian citizen and at the time of registration and donation, user may or may not be in the territory of India but he shall be of the age ranging between, 18 year to 60 years. However, donor’s above 45kgs and minimum haemoglobin of 12.5 gm is recommended. Further, user’s last donation should be between three or more months earlier and on the date of donation or prior three months of blood donation. Further, user must be healthy and medically sound. However, the majority age i.e. 18 years is the registration criteria on the application and rest of the above mentioned contents of the paragraphs are applicable for the blood donation. BLOOD4US completely abides World Health Organisation guidelines for safety blood transfusion and National Blood Policy i.e. recognised by the Ministry of Health with respect to the same. However, BLOOD4US should not be interpreted as blood bank or transfusion agency.
What Information We Collect About You
We do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information. However, you might provide us with your personal and demographic information – including your name, gender, age, address, phone number, email address. During your visit to our Website/portal, we may automatically receive technical information about your computer/device, including your IP address, your computer operating system, time-zone, browser type and browser plug-in details, due to the communication protocol settings on the Internet. When you browse our Website, We may also collect information regarding the pages you viewed, the web addresses from which you arrive or click through to, time spent on certain pages, download errors and page response times. All these information help us analyse trends and preferences, and thus assist us in improving our service.
How We Use the Information Collected from You
We will collect and retain your personally identifiable information only to the extent that it is necessary to fulfil our services to you. Any Personal information submitted by you to the Website or collected by us will be used ONLY for the purposes mentioned below:
• To carry out our obligations arising from your requests of specific blood group.
• To improve our Website's/application’s functionality.
• To make sure that our Website content is presented in the manner that is most effective for you.
• To communicate with you about any changes to our services.
• To verify your identity and perform checks to prevent fraud.
With Whom We Share Your Information
The information of the person who is in need of blood shall be exchanged with the user of the application only, so as to attain the main objective of this non government organisation. However, it is always the prerogative of the user, whether to respond or not to respond the requirement or inquiry with regard to the availability of the specific blood group and at the same time it is the prerogative of the donee, whether to accept the donation or not.
Who Has Access to Your Information
Your personally identifiable information can be accessed only on a need-to-know basis by certain BLOOD4US employees who are designated to carry out your requested activity, and all such employees are bound to strict confidentiality obligations.
NOTE: We will save your email id and your mobile number in our database, when you will register with us.